Arrival at the hotel
Approximately 45 minutes from Paris, the Tiara Château Mont Royal hotel invites you to a complete change of scenery. Nestled in the Chantilly forest, the journey starts once you cross the portal and takes the alley to reach the castle. There, the valet is waiting for guests to take care about their belongings.
Once you step into the hotel, you can feel the subtle and harmonious mix between history and contemporary in the decoration. After the check-in, we have been escorted to the suite booked for the weekend. Then, we visited this nice place…
The Penthouse Suite
This suite is so vast that it is a unique place on its own. Located at the end of a corridor, on the 4th and last floor, this 100 sqm (1,076 sqft) flat is a true haven of peace under the castle roof. It includes, in addition to the bedroom and the bathroom, a large living room, a dining room with its fully equipped kitchen and an access to a private terrace of 60 sqm (645 sqft) dominating the Chantilly forest. The style is elegant and felted, classic but still comfortable. The atmosphere is really cozy. It brings a feeling of absolute comfort. The choice of materials, tints, decoration and equipment have been made with harmony of beige, chocolate, black and gold. All the lights go together thus reinforcing the intimate dimension. The soundproofing is perfect.
Bedding is quite comfortable and we really enjoyed this 2 meters large bed. The bed has an on-mattress with the right softness, not too hard, not too soft.
The bathroom, in addition to all the required comfort, is very large. All dressed with white and gray marbles, it has two sinks, a bathtub, a rain shower separated with large glass door and then separate toilets.
Two windows are inviting the day light, one with a view on the castle facade and the other one on the forest. Others toilets are available for the guests between the bedroom and the living room. Bathroom products available in the bathroom are from the Hermes brand.
All the windows are offering a view over the nature or castle facade. The light also comes from the roof, through openings that can be hidden with electric shutters.
We really enjoyed the terrace where we have spent hours. It can be accessed thanks to a small spiral stairway as it is located in the lower floor. It offers a 180° view of the Chantilly forest over several kilometers. It benefits from a sun exposure most of the day. It is nice to see the tones of the forest evolving through the day, up to the sunset. The benefit of the view is that you are above the tree tops. We can even see far away few roller coasters of the Parc Astérix.
On a Friday afternoon, we got to the hotel indoor swimming pool. Its setting is really nice with comfortable benches, drapes, chandeliers and windows opening on the park. The temperature was perfect. We also enjoyed the jacuzzi which is well heated.
As the sun was a guest during our stay, we got for a walk through the forest inside the property. There is a small well maintained pathway that will allow you to enjoy a bucolic 20 minutes stroll in the heart of the forest. We have also booked the tennis court for one hour, brand new tennis rackets were loaned to us. What a pleasure to play tennis under the shadow of the trees, with the bird song!
The hotel also offers a spa service inside a suite of hotel but we haven’t tried it.
Those two days have been the opportunity to try all the options available :
- On the Friday afternoon, the tea time at the magnificent bar, Le Stradivarius, to have a tea together with a pastry. Those are displayed on a tray. The place is filled with history, the restoration has preserved its authenticity with its library, carved wood panels or also the huge hanging completely covering the ceiling. Take place in one of the alcoves is perfect to appreciate the full background. While coming back to our room, delicacies and strawberries were waiting for us, as well as a bottle of Champagne in the minibar.
- The Friday evening, we got to L’Opéra restaurant for the dinner. It used to be a ballroom. The decor is a time travel. We really enjoyed the environment, the service as well as the contents and the display of the plates. Beside its refined cuisine, this restaurant is well known for its rum baba. When you taste it, you easily understand why. Such a delight. After the dinner, back to our room where the bed had been prepared, with two chocolates to start a good night…
- The breakfast is also served at the Opéra restaurant. It was the opportunity to discover again this place during the day! A large assortment of sweet and salted dishes, hot and cold, is offered, with nothing left to chance! The homemade Viennese pastries are especially delicious.
- On Saturday, for lunch, to take advantage of the sun, we have lunched on the hotel terrace. This one is really comfortable with its large sofas.
The menu is the one of the bar Le Stradivarius. We have selected the chicken club sandwich. Really fresh and generous, a pure delight. Little Heinz pots are coming with it. Then the fries can be compared to the Belgian ones! So good!
- The Sunday evening, we had decided to have a room service in order to enjoy the suite. The table had been dressed in the dining room. It is really an exclusive time to have a restaurant meal in house.
- To complete the stay : the Sunday brunch. It is very popular, a lot of guests are coming from Paris for the event. And we quickly understood why. Magnificent! In the room of the restaurant L’Opéra, sumptuous buffets are dressed. A lot of verrines, each more appealing than the other, a large selection of hot appetizers and sea food and a selection of fine pastries. Wonderful!
Another nice touch, the local Ferrari Club had a meeting there, thus exhibiting dozens of unique cars!
The Tiara Mont Royal or La vie de château during a week end. Even with the complete change of scenery, the situation, the beauty of the place and the quality of service, you’ll feel like home as the staff will make its best to allow this to happen. Kindness and attentiveness are here the norm. Beside its 4 stars, in reality, a property with 5 stars service is hidden here.